Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Tremonton.

Tremonton. Noun. Pronounced [Tree-mon-en] the T is often forgotten. Also known as Tree-town, land of few trees, Bear River Valley and as I like to refer to it, God’s country. Now I may be a bit biased, but I would argue I grew up in the best little town in the state of Utah. Never mind it is in the middle of nowhere, you blink and you may miss it, and is often referred to by tourists as the “potty stop.” I absolutely love my hometown and coming back and visiting. Here are a few reasons why I love Tremonton, Utah besides the obvious “I love it because my familia and friends still lives there and all the memories associated with them…”
Bear River High School: I spent a huge chunk of my time at the fine institution. If I wasn’t in class, I was at practice for one of the sports I played. If I wasn’t practicing I was cheering on my state champion basketball team or the semi-average football team. If I wasn’t in the bleachers cheering I was there for a dance or a club activity. The list goes on and on. The one thing about the lovely Bear River Valley is there is a plethora amount of school spirit, not just from the students but from the community. A sports team makes it the state championship and the schools, stores, and whole town shut down for a few hours.
Garland Tabernacle: Yep, this immaculate building is where I go to church. Not only do we have 2 pulpits in our chapel, we also have an upstairs balcony and a wall filled with glass stained windows. This is an ancient and beautiful building. So ancient I wouldn’t be surprised if the benches in the chapel were the originals that the pioneers built. The only reason I say that is because they are hard and almost impossible to fall asleep on. This also the building where my ward continually kicked everyones trash in churchball. G2 Forever!
PizzaPlus: Not only does this pizza joint have the world’s best breadsticks but they also have the world’s best employees. Or at least that was the case when I worked there. This lovely building is where I worked all throughout high school. It was a pretty amazing job filled with lots of fattening pizza. During my long stay at PizzaPlus I met some of my best friends. Good ol’ Jake, Alex, David, Austin, Chantry, Annalee and I had some pretty wild times from smashing boxes, creating cotton candy creations, to peanut butter pizza and silly convos from sleep deprived workers.
Pie Dump: I just had to throw this in because of the amazing Hot Rolls. You haven’t lived until you have tried one of those little pieces of heaven. The doughnuts and chicken strips are also highly recommended.
Garland City Building: I often refer to this building as the Party Building. Not only was my surprise 16th birthday in the building but this is where our youth city council meetings were held and they were a party every week. We never got much accomplished during these meetings. Most of us were too concerned with the after-meeting party: milkshakes at Artic Circle.

And my most favorite part of Tremonton…the big empty spaces: this is a picture I took once of the drive from the school to my house. There are a lot of empty fields, tractors, horses, and not a whole bunch of trees (the main reason why I think the name Tremonton is so ironic). This town full of bare spaces results in the use of some very creative weekend adventures. Cow tipping, swimming in canals, ghost hunting, and movie nights in motor homes to name a few.

As you can tell Tremonton is an amazing place and i am proud to call this lil piece of earth "home"

3 comments:

  1. agree will all that you said! we have it SO lucky! and remember how those benches in the church we would always hide behind so we didn't have to go to sunday school because the sunday school natzi was coming hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to place a link to your thoughts about Tremonton on my website. Kathy Fuhriman www.brvrhomes.com. I hope that is alright.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy- That is just fine with me! I feel honored! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...