Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Darci.


Today my adorable little sister Darci is turning sweet sixteen. I still remember the innocent little blue-eyed beauty playing barbies with me or laying our sleeping bags side by side as we fell asleep on our basement floor watching Zenon or another Disney classic. And here she is old enough to break boy’s hearts and drive real cars on the road. Where has time gone?

Me and Darci are so much alike it is almost freaky. Not only are our clothing sizes identical (which results in many closet swaps) but I look at some of the experiences Darci is going through and I realize I went through the exact same thing during my high school years. There have been nights when she has called me complaining and venting and I can’t help but smile because I know exactly how she feels.

These past couple of months have been trying for me as I have been searching for acceptance and validation regarding choices I have made. Darci was there supporting me through thick and thin. I remember vividly a particular weekend when I felt like giving up. I felt like no matter how hard I tried I just couldn’t win. Just when my eyes were starting to tear up Darci said the simplest statement that turned my whole day around, possibly even my whole month. To this day I don’t think she realizes how big of an impact that incident had on me. Darci is the most loyal and trusting person you will ever meet. She is a true confidant. I love going on drives with this woman because I can pour out my whole heart and she won’t judge or offer advice, she just simply listens. I could sit and just talk to her for hours about my problems and I know a word wouldn’t be uttered to anyone about it. Not only that but she is one of the most spiritual girls I know. I love walking into her room because I always see scriptures, church books, journals, quotes, or pictures of temples scattered all over her floor and walls. Darci has her head on straight and is going places. I know without a doubt that she would never lower her standards for anyone, sometimes I wish I could have her spiritual strength.

Darci, when you read this know that you are the best! I am truly blessed to have such an amazing sister and role model in my life. I know you may look older and you may be taller than me but remember I am still older and wiser. I will always be here for you, keep those phone calls coming. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...