Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Conference.

No words can simply describe this General Conference. It never ceases to amaze me how every single question, concern, and doubt brewing in my head is answered sometime in the two days of conference sessions. This time there was no exception. It was absolutely incredible. There were so many powerful lessons, advice, and words of comfort from the servants of God.

Elder Scott gave a talk about simple expressions of love, this easily became an instant classic for me. He gave a very similar talk last September during a fireside but it is so fabulous I didn’t mind a little repeat. The unique thing about Elder Scott’s talk was the message itself wasn’t the point that stuck out to me. The point that became cemented in my brain was the way he so spoke so lovingly of his wife. He made it sound like his wife was the greatest thing to ever grace this planet. I want to be the kind of woman that my future spouse will want to speak of me like that. I want to develop that kind of love with someone where it is completely natural to leave love notes in clocks or out of scraps of paper. I want that kind of eternal love that comes through righteous living and a temple marriage. I want that and I will fight until I get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...