Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sophomore Year.

Growing up I always heard the line, “College is where you find your true self.” Being the young and naïve little girl I was I thought to myself “I already know who I am.” Then came the day when I walked down the stage, shook my principles hand and grabbed my diploma. After that summer I packed up my car and moved out of a small town I barely stepped out of it. That was when reality hit. These past two years of college have been quite an adventure. I can honestly say these have been the most trying times in my life but also the most beneficial. I have been able to watch myself grow from the know-it-all teenager to the know-absolutely-nothing young adult. I have struggled financially, academically, and emotionally. As I was living my college dream I learned who my true friends were. Markel has been the best roommate/friend anyone could ask for. She stuck with me through thick and thin, through arguments and happiness, and through early mornings and late nights. That woman will forever be my best friend. I learned money and nice things are unimportant.I learned if you want something bad enough you will lose sleep to gain it. If anyone knows me they know I worship sleep. The nights when I stayed up to the wee hours of the morning studying, finishing projects, or writing that final paper were not joyous by any means. The final grade at the end of the semester made it all worth it though. And I learned that the gospel is the only thing that stays constant in your life.

With that being said I am officially done with my sophomore year. Horray! I am on track to graduate in the next year or so. Hopefully the next couple of years are as great as the past ones.


1 comment:

  1. Can I be serious right now. I busted out laughing at the picture with your bff physco roommate

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...