Monday, May 23, 2011

Internship.

I have reached the downward slope of my undergraduate degree. Yet I don't feel old enough to be more than a halfway through my bachelors degree. I don't feel responsible enough to start taking LSAT prep classes. And I definitely don't feel grown up enough to start applying for law school. Reality really hit when I got asked to be UVU's Presidential Cabinet Intern. I will be interning directly with the Vice President of Student Affairs. From talking with him I have realized that we have alot in common regarding education and careers. Our educational paths align with political science degrees, master degrees, and juris doctrates (with no intention of ever actually practicing law). Our career paths are parallel with dreams of public administration and service. He is going to be a great mentor and advisor. One that I am confident will help me reach my full potential. One of my main responsibilities as an intern will be to help teach his American Government class. While some may find this slightly intimidating I find it extremely exciting. I have always had an internal struggle on whether I wanted to do law school or teach high school government. While a college level government class is nothing like high school it is going to be a definite learning experience. What am I saying? This whole internship will be a definite learning experience. One that will help me reach my goals, learn and grow, as well as succeed in all aspects regarding my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...