Sunday, March 6, 2011

Temple.

There are times when I feel uncertain, insecure, and confused about the future.
When I don’t feel old enough or ready to grow up.
When I don’t want to move too fast or go to slow.
When I don’t know want to expect, how to feel, or what l need to do to prepare.
And just when panic, fear, or the want to retreat sets in something happens that helps me see the bigger picture.

In this instance, I have had a weekend full of opportunities to see the bigger picture. To face my doubts and master my fears” as President Holland so clearly puts it. On Friday I had the opportunity to go here.
It was a last second decision, one I actually skipped class to do. I felt like it needed to be done. Earlier that day Elder Quentin L. Cook came and spoke to us UVU students. As I was sitting and listening to his message I kept thinking about everything my parents have taught me throughout my years. I have learned from their example when situations get tough, questions arise, or you need peace the temple is the place to retreat to. In all the hard and trying times in my life, especially since I have moved out, I have found myself being attracted to the temple. Some of my most spiritual experiences have occurred on a bench just outside the temple. Friday was a little different occurrence. I did baptisms for the dead. It was my first time entering inside the temple in a long time, too long actually. Considering it was the middle of the day on a Friday, there were very few people around. I had time to just sit and ponder about the questions, doubts, and uncertainties I had boiling in my mind. And just like my parents have taught me, I received the answer I had been waiting for. Simple as that.

As I continued on with my other weekend activities I had the opportunity to attend Stake Conference with Elder Munday from the seventy. As I was sitting there listening to the wise words of church leaders, a talk from President Holland came up which believe it or not was regarding the same questions and doubts I had just gone to the temple about. And just as simple as that I received the same answer. I guess sometimes I am too stubborn I need to receive the same answer twice to fully believe it.

Because of this experience I have learned that
The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor.
Do not retreat from a good thing. If it was right when you prayed about it and trusted it and lived for it, it is right now.
And to Face my doubts, master my fears, Stay the course and see the beauty of life unfold for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...