Wednesday, March 9, 2011

People Pleaser

I have a problem…
I am a people pleaser.


I worry too much about other people’s experience and happiness above my own. I need the confirmation and acceptance of others before I make a decision. I create expectations too big. I am afraid of disappointing others. I am afraid of disappointing myself.

With all the decisions and experiences I am facing in the world now I am often worried I am caring too much about what others think. Do I follow my brain, the advice and comments from everyone else, or do I follow my heart? Do I let time play everything out? Do I trust that my parents know what is best for me better than I know myself? Do I trust myself enough to make the right decision?

What happens when everything I read about the subject, everything I have been praying for and all of my answers I have been receiving tells me to follow my heart? What happens when the one person I trust most and one simple line out of the most personal piece of revelation is telling me to follow my brain?

I feel like my back is pushed up against a hard wall. I have nowhere to go and nothing more to give.

1 comment:

  1. just found your blog.... I think that this concept is a big reason why we are here... to learn how to follow what God wants us to do, and have the strength to follow it even when its hard or unpopular. i love this..so inspirational!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...