Tuesday, January 25, 2011

co-captain.

Story time....

One cold, wintery January day me and my trusty sidekick (Markel) ventured up to our home away from home, Energy Solutions Arena. This wasn't just an ordinary trip though, this was an extraordinary trip. Why you may ask? It was because I was selected to be co-captain for the game or as I often refer to I got to become D-wills BFF for the day. The day started out with the intern handing me a D-will jersey and floor passes and then leading me through the back tunnels. I got to see the locker rooms, the family room, the intense security and then bam! I was on the court. We got to watch shoot around and the warm-up show while practically on the floor and then it happened...

I was dragged to the middle of the floor. Ok, maybe dragged isn't the right word. I cheerfully skipped onto the floor. D-will greeted me and we did this sweet handshake. I will teach ya if ya ask. It is sa-weet!

I then met the Memphis Grizzlies captains, Marc Gasol and Mike Conley (who I secretly have this thing for. I find him sooo attractive). I got to give them a little pep talk. I told the Memphis guys that if he hurt any players I would punch them in the face. And then I told D-will I loved his shoes. They started laughing at me. I didn't care though because they will definitely remember me...

After a few pictures, i went and took my seat. During the game I got to give Deron a shoulder massage, whisper encouraging words of advice in his ear, and call a couple of plays. Alright, I made that last part up but it was definitely a night to remember. Plus the Jazz won. I deserve Co-Captain of the Year award! This whole experience made me love the jazz more, if that is even possible! Go team!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...