Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Sunbeams.

Kennadi moving into Sunbeams has been something I've been dreading for a while. Kennadi LOVES nursery and I wasn't sure how she would act not being able to go. The weeks leading up to the change, we tried to talk primary up constantly. I thought she was finally getting excited for sunbeams and understanding she was too big for nursery but then the first Sunday of the year came and I realized I was wrong! 

As soon as Sacrament Meeting was over and I told her we were heading to Primary now, she panicked. She started to tear up a little because she wanted to go to nursery, not primary. Once we got in the primary room she really lost it. It probably didn't help that I was in there with my class but wouldn't sit by her. I finally had to send Austin a quick text to have him come sit with her and settle her down. Kennadi finally mellowed out once the singing teacher brought out magic wands for the kids to use during a song. And she seemed fine when we picked her up from her class. She was pumped she got to make a princess crown. Hopefully next week we can avoid any melt downs. Wish us (and her primary teachers) luck!

I tried to document her first day of Sunbeams and these are the best pictures I could get. My oh so photogenic child....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...