Sunday, April 13, 2014

Phoenix.

I was fortunate enough to venture to Phoenix for my very first event with my new job. I went with 6 other girls who were fairly new to the company so that we can complete training. It was pretty much a nonstop party. There was a lot of work, but a lot of fun too.

We flew out on Wednesday and spent the next few days setting up the course. It was, of course, boiling hot. I got some sweet sunburn lines and I looked forward to a shower every night when we got back to our hotel room. We just dripped with sweat day after day. Friday night we headed to Panda Express to grab some grub to eat. I am 99.9% sure that this is where I got food poisoning. I spent the rest of the night and all event day sick. Food poisoning always sucks but its way worse when you get to sit in the hot sun all day, throw up in porta potties, and try to keep a positive, upbeat attitude towards the participants.I somehow managed to survive though. Besides the food poisoning, event day went without any problems. It was so fun and rewarding to see all of our hard work pay off! The whole event was also exhausting. We slept in forever the next morning before we had to catch our flight. And even then, I still didn't feel like i was all caught up on my sleep! In the end, it was a successful training event. I missed Austin and Kennadi like crazy but really enjoyed my time away.

Part of the crew!
Setting up the course tape
Who wouldn't be tempted to jump in all that foam!
My Body Repels Sunscreen...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...