Thursday, April 4, 2013

Easton Richard Erickson.


Meet my new, adorable nephew 
Easton Richard Erickson.


 Isn’t he precious? This handsome guy was born on February 20th weighing 8 lbs 2 oz. Not too bad for being a couple of weeks early. Easton unfortunately had to spend a couple of days in the NICU because he was fighting an infection. I was one of the lucky few who were put on “the list” which meant I got to go see him in the NICU.  When I first saw Easton, I was instantly drawn to his chubby cheeks. His cheeks were massive and so kissable. They sure gave Kennadi’s cheeks a run for the money.

 Kennadi just loves her new cousin. She just stares at him whenever she is around him. When he cries, she gets such a concerned look on her face. She just looks around and tries to find someone to help him out. I have a feeling that in a couple of years these two will be inseparable and best buds. They will be trouble makers and partners-in-crime. I can see Kennadi begging Easton to set her up on dates with his hot friends. I would love for Kennadi and Easton to have a close relationship like Markel and I have.

Now can we do a little bit of ‘honesty hour’ for a bit? My sister, Courtnie, had a hard time getting pregnant. As a result of this a lot of people have been calling Easton a miracle baby, which I completely agree with.  Because of the trial Courtnie was experiencing I felt extremely guilty once I found out I was pregnant with Kennadi. I had absolutely no problem getting pregnant. I was worried that my pregnancy would ruin mine and Courtnie's relationship. As silly as this sounds I was too terrified to tell Courtnie that I was expecting that I had to mail an announcement to her to spill the news. Once I found out Courtnie was pregnant too I was soo excited. Maybe ‘soo excited’ is even an understatement. I was thrilled that Courtnie was finally able to have the family she dreamed of. For selfish reasons I was also excited for myself. I felt like Courtnie could finally be excited for me plus I was anxious to have someone so close to me experience motherhood at the same time I was. It is always nice to know you aren’t experiencing new, challenging things alone.

Anyway, back to Easton... I am so glad this little guy joined our family. It is nice to have another boy around, they were a bit out-numbered! I am glad that Kennadi will have a cousin who is so close in age. I am also glad I have a little nephew to spoil, because lets be honest, we all know I am going to be the favorite aunt! 
Meeting Easton for the first time in the NICU 
Kennadi's first time meeting Easton
Kennadi loves playing with Easton.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...