Sunday, February 3, 2013

Half Marathon.


I have wanted to run a half marathon for a while now. In 2011 my New Year’s Resolution was to run one.  You can read about that here. That same year Austin and I started dating, got engaged, and got married that summer. Needless to say, my mind was wandering elsewhere and the half marathon never happened.

During Christmas Break,   my dad, Courtnie, Darci, and I decided we would run a half marathon together this summer. I willingly jumped on the opportunity to participate. I needed a little push to lose those stubborn, extra pounds I put on during pregnancy.  I also figured if we ran it in a group I would be much more likely to actually train, run, and complete the race.

With that said, I have officially registered for two races. I am planning on registering for another one next month. I am planning on running the American Fork Canyon Half Marathon on June 15, Legacy Midnight Run on July 19, and the Top of Utah Half Marathon on August 24. With the first race in five months I seriously need to step up the training. I can hardly run a half mile without wheezing and doubling over in exhaustion.  I am also not the fastest gal on the block. My goal is to complete the race in less than 2 hours. Hopefully it’s not just wishful thinking. 

I will keep you updated on the training progress. Wish me luck!


1 comment:

  1. you are crazy! :) and you are pretty fast! dont make fun of people who cant run a half a mile

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...