Sunday, May 25, 2014

Richmond.

For work I had the opportunity to head out to Richmond, Virginia to help with a 5K Foam Fest. I have never been to Virginia, or that far east, so I was excited to go check it out!  The first thing I noticed was how humid and green it is. The race was held at Pocahontas State Park which was just south of Richmond. The area was so pretty! I feel in love with it. The roads were lined with trees, the houses were tucked away from the roads and hidden, plus all of the buildings were so colonial looking. The only negative thing about the area were the giant bumble bees. I have never seen bees that big in my life!

We flew out on Wednesday. The flight out (and home for that matter) sucked. It was a longgg day. I was so excited when we finally landed. Thursday was spent setting up the course and trying to stay dry from the massive rain storms. It rained and rained. It was miserable! On Friday, I got to stay in the dry indoors and head bib pick-up. We held it at a local running story called Lucky Foot. The owners of the store and the employees who helped me with the pick-up were awesome! I couldn't stop laughing. It made the day zoom by! Saturday quickly rolled around which was race day! The peeps of Richmond know how to have fun! We had zero problems on race day, so i would consider the event a success! Sunday rolled around and we headed home! I sure missed Austin and Kennadi but am sure glad I was able to go check out that area. I may or may not have fallen in love with it (now if I can find a reason to move out that way...).



Look at all that rain!
I got funny looks when I pulled up to the gas station and started filling ALL of these (15 in total)...
Some participants getting foamy on race day.
How pretty is this area? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...