Monday, July 16, 2012

Grandpa and Grandma.


I feel extremely blessed to have grandparents who I am close enough to and feel comfortable enough to stay with them. For 3 weeks my grandma and grandpa were gracious enough to let me and Austin live with them. Our old apartment's contract was expiring and our new apartment wasn't available yet so we were homeless for lack of a better word. My grandma and grandpa were so generous to open up one of their spare bedrooms and bathrooms and let us crash there. I loved having the opportunity to spend some time with my grandparents. Before we moved in, I would get extremely bored and lonely in our old apartment. With Austin's crazy work schedule and my very small work schedule I spent most of my time alone at home and would run out of things to do. I loved being able to just sit and visit with grandma, watch her teach me how to cook some of my favorites like homemade bread and strawberry jam, play dominos and SkipBo, or sit on the back porch and watch the deer in the field. My grandma is seriously one of the best cooks too so my belly was never starving for food. That was definitely a bonus.

Now we have finally moved into our new apartment. Thank goodness. I feel like I can finally start preparing for this baby to come. I have been such a procrastinator, mainly because i didn't want to end up moving everything again. I will post pictures of the new place once we finally put pictures on the wall and get the baby's nursery done. Stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...