Saturday, June 10, 2017

Hawaii | Part 4.

The last day of Hawaii was spent at Pearl Harbor. Pearl Harbor was one of the things I remembered most about my previous trip so I couldn't wait to get back! And It did not disappoint. There is always a sense of reverence whenever you get to the harbor. We started out with a video on the significance and history of Pearl Harbor. We then boarded a boat that transported us to the USS Arizona Memorial. It is eerie to see the oil still floating on the ocean's surface and to read all the names of those whose grave you are standing on. After viewing the memorial, we toured the USS Missouri, a retired battleship. After touring it I realized I could never be a sailor, I would get claustrophobic and lost on the boat so easily! 

After Pearl Harbor, we soaked up the last couple of hours of Paradise before we headed to the airport for our red eye flight home. This was my first ever red eye flight and it was miserable. I hardly slept, I was cramped, and it made for a long night. I was excited to land and so excited to see my girls again! Poor Austin had to go straight to work after a miserable flight. Let's just say we went to bed super early that night and I took multiple cat naps throughout the day.


I loved our week in Paradise and dream about going back constantly.



Pearl Harbor
USS Arizona Memorial
USS Arizona Memorial
USS Missouri
Not pumped for the Red Eye home...
The girls loved the souveniers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...