Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Thanksgiving Road Trip.

For Thanksgiving, we took a road trip up to Moscow, Idaho to visit Courtnie and her family. Kennadi was missing Easton and I was dying to meet my new nephew so we thought this would be a perfect opportunity to go visit. We left the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and drove up half way to Boise. We stayed the night in a hotel. Kennadi was in heaven. She loved sleeping in a room with two beds, eating the hotel breakfast, but most of all swimming! On Wednesday, we finished the drive up to Moscow (but not without a quick stop in Oregon so I could mark another state off the list). Austin may or may not have gotten a speeding ticket on the way up. Curse you small, rural towns where the cops have nothing better to do but pull over tourists! 

The next couple of days spent at Courtnie's place was enjoyable. Kennadi loved playing with Easton. They would be often found in Easton's room with the room locked, not wanting to be bugged while they played. Quincy spent most of the time following the older kids around. I enjoyed snugging with Mckay. And Austin loved shooting his new gun and attending a Vandal's football game. 

Thanksgiving dinner itself was delicious. Dillon and Courtnie were great hosts. It was nice to just have a small group for a change. Courtnie and I also ventured out to do some Black Friday shopping. I was amazed at how quiet the stores were. It was so nice to be able to browse and take our time instead of the usual push and shove to grab what you need. I wish stores in Utah County would be that dead every Black Friday! While we were out and about, Courtnie also took me over to Washington so I could cross another state off my list! She is a kind soul.

When it was time to come home, we took a different way and ventured up to Coeur D'alene and Montana. We did the drive home in one day and it was a long day! Luckily, the kids were rock stars. Quincy who usually hates her carseat spent most of the day sleeping. And Kennadi watched lots of movies, ate lots of snacks and was perfectly content! I am confident that we had to take more stops for Austin then the kids. I am glad we took the trip up even if it was a long drive!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...