Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Moving.

With Austin working in Salt Lake and dealing with an hour plus commute each way/each day, a new baby coming, an obnoxious toddler that wears me out, and a hot real estate market, we decided that it would be a good time to move. We wanted to move into something bigger and much closer to Austin's work. After meeting with our realtor, our house officially went on the market on a Thursday evening. By Friday night we had a full price offer plus multiple showings the next day. By the end of the day Saturday we had two full price offers and a bidding war happening. With our house sold, we quickly went house hunting trying to find a new place for us! We found a place in Saratoga Springs and luckily were able to place an offer on it and get it! 

I really wanted to move into the house before the new babe was born and we managed to pull it off. We had 6 weeks from the time we were under contract until we had to move, so we had time to gradually pack boxes. When the actual moving day rolled around, we had some fantastic help (thanks to our parents) and were able to move pretty seamlessly. Austin threatened me that I wasn't allowed to help move because he didn't want me to go into labor. So moving day was a breeze for me (even though i felt guilty just sitting around all day)! We are gradually getting settled into our new place and I am already loving Austin getting home from work much earlier, a garage during the snowstorms, and the extra space! As Annie once said, "I think I'm gonna like it here!"
Moving Day
Our Very First House

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...