Monday, November 3, 2014

Caribbean Vacation Part 3 | Nassau and Debarkation.

Day 5 -- Nassau, Bahamas.
Our last port of the trip was Nassau, Bahamas. The weather was a little uncooperative this day but we still managed to enjoy the island. We started the day off with a submarine tour. We headed out to some of the nearby reefs to see all of the fishes. There were tons of fishes and even turtles! After the submarine tour, we got a tour of the city. We got to see celebrity's houses, visit Fort Fincastle, and go shopping in some local straw markets. I am glad we were able to stop in Nassau but if I never go back again I won't be mad. It seemed a little dirty and it was sooo busy. There were 4 cruise ships in the port that day which seemed pretty normal to all the locals. 
Notice my sweet straw hat I got at the straw market.
Waiting for the submarine tour to start -- going for the sunburn/no makeup look
Our home for the week
Lighthouse with The Atlantis Resort in the background (I would visit there in a heartbeat!)

Day 6 -- Debarkation.
This is the day I absolutely dread whenever I go on a cruise. I hate that last day and having to pack my bags and head home. This means that my vacation is really over and reality sets in. We had a late flight home so we took our time getting off the ship and then hung out for a while in the airport. We had a layover in Chicago so I got to fulfill a dream of seeing the Chicago skyline. That made my day. It was nice to finally land in Salt Lake and get to see Kennadi. A week away from her was a long time but I don't think she missed me at all. She had way too much fun playing with grandma and grandpa. 

Now I need to start planning and saving for our next vacation. I have the vacation bug already! Any suggestions on what our next vacation should be?


Snuggling with Kennadi when we got home. She got a bit spoiled for a couple of days. I missed her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...