Sunday, February 6, 2011

Life without Markel.

I am all alone. Like literally. I promise I shower every day, wash my clothes, clean my bedroom, and do the dishes. But I still just cannot figure out why in the past month every single one of my roommates has moved out. Yesterday the last of the bunch abandoned me, and it just so happened to be my best friend/cousin/partner-in-crime Markel. It twas a very sad day. Me and Markel have known each other for 20 years. We go wayyy back. We have done everything together. Almost every single memory stored in my brain reflects back to Markel in some shape or form. I know she is on to bigger and better things, like getting a job and moving back to NYC, but I am definitely gonna miss this woman. I am going to miss our late night conversations, our ways of communicating telepathically, our long drives, and our silly nights. Here is my top 10 list of favorite things Me and Markellie have done together while we have been living together. If I included all my favorite things during the time I have known her this list would grow from Top 10 to Top 100, and I don’t have time to write 100 things. So you are stuck with only 10…

1. Jazz Games (obviously): This woman loves the Utah Jazz as much as I do. We have been to so many games and each one is filled with a new adventure. Some of these adventures include parking tickets, license plate numbers, standing in line for hours, and “ellis island.”
2. Redbox/cookiedough Nights: This was a personal favorite of mine. I loved making a huge batch of cookie dough or brownie batter, sitting on the couch wrapped up in our blankets, watching movies with huge spoons in our hands scarfing our faces. The best eva!
3. Dumpster Diving: I was introduced to the “free-gan” world by Markel. The hostess dumpster in Spanish Fork is the prime spot for grabbing some free food.
4. Dinner Nights: Some nights after I did something to make markel proud (like fail a test) or vice versa we would treat each other to dinner. Our favorite places were CafeRio, PizzaPieCafe, Iggys, Yozone, and Ihop. We would usually laugh more than we ate, and we usually took some silly pictures while we were at it, but so many memories were made over the dinner table.
5. Tanning: I swear during the summer months this is all we would do. Work, sleep, and lay out by the pool. I consider it a miracle because it actually got to the point where people would say, “Wow Cami, you are tan.” That NEVER happens. That just proves how often we were actually outside.
6. Roadtrips: we took a couple of roadtrips, some just up to Logan or Tremonton, but each one was filled with miles of laughter. A favorite roadtrip of mine was to Vegas. Three Words: NBA Summer League. Another highlight would be in the car listening to a certain man singing, “My first kiss…” bahaha.
7. Sunday Dinner to Grandmas/Aunt Lories: man, a lot of my memories revolve around food. Hello Freshman 15! It seems like the majority of the Sundays were spent in good ol’ Spanish Fork with Markel’s family. And I was always invited, which I loved. We had some scooter wrecks, some near death experiences, and always some delicious cheesy potatoes.
8. Concerts: What is better than singing your head off while in the presence of the Backstreet Boys, Tim Mcgraw, Lady Antebellum, Neon Trees, and Secondhand Serenade.
9. Fighting off Crazy Roommates: I think it would be safe to say we have had our fair share of psychos sleeping under the same roof as us. From Lady Gaga look alike to chicken fryer addict and from anti-social “tibby” to Felon. To be honest, I find it a miracle we are still alive and in one piece.
10. And Finally, taking random pictures: We cannot go anywhere without taking pictures. We have to document every minute of our life. They are sooo freaking hilarious.

So Markel, if you are reading this…I hope you love every minute out in New York but don’t forget about me. Everytime “Do the John Wall” comes on your ipod, you have Pepsi with Cheddar and Sour Cream chips, you watch a Jazz game, or you walk through a Ghetto Walmart pretty please think of me. You are definitely “maid-of-honor” material. Roomies/Besties/Cousins For Life!




1 comment:

  1. Awe, I'm so sorry you are all alone Cami! :( But that is so fantastic that you got to do all of those fun things! :) And its not like she will lose contact with you... she's your cousin, they never disappear! You will be Bff's in heaven too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...